Borras Construction Coronavirus Update
Borras Construction – Provisions taken to maintain ‘business as usual’ and to prevent Coronavirus spread
We are keen to reassure our employees, clients, project stakeholders and supply-chain partners, that we are taking the necessary precautions in relation to a healthy working environment across our sites and operations. However, with the protocols we have put in place, it is very much ‘business as usual’ at Borras,
Our Disaster Recovery Team (DRT) has been working to ensure that our Business Continuity Plan meets or exceeds the Government’s guidance to prevent and limit the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19), while allowing the business to safely deliver a service to our clients with as little disruption as possible.
The DRT meet on a regular basis to review the situation as it progresses, along with any further Government guidance. We will be updating and communicating Borras Protocols to meet the changing needs. Steps instigated to date include:
- Communicating Government guidance on precautions, symptoms and self-isolation procedures along with Borras protocols to employees, clients, project stakeholders and supply-chain partners.
- Flexible working – We have reviewed our remote working arrangements and IT infrastructure to ensure that we have sufficient capacity to support staff working from home / remotely, and safeguard our site operations minimising disruption.
- Social distancing – Advice relating to social mixing, meeting with family and using public transport.
- Embracing technology and limiting face-to-face interaction – We have confirmed arrangements for remote meetings (via Microsoft Team and our Egnyte file sharing platforms) – to assist social distancing measures.
- Provision of additional hand-sanitisers within our offices and across our sites to supplement handwashing.
- Increased cleaning regimes around offices and sites focussing on heavily trafficked areas.
- Monitoring employee activity and enforcing isolation protocols (7 & 14 days respectively) if they have;
- returned/are returning from abroad
- symptoms of Covid-19
- tested positive for Covid-19 or
- been in a household where an individual has symptoms of Covid-19
- All site teams are reviewing procurement programmes with supply-chain partners to mitigate procurement issues.
We are unable to predict the impact that Covid-19 will have in the coming months, however, we will continue follow and communicate the Government’s guidance, enforcing our DRT protocols, and provide regular updates as the situation develops.
For now, it is ‘business as usual’ so please get in touch to discuss any queries you may have, or new opportunities that you’re involved with!
For the latest advice from the Department of Health and Social Care, and Public Health England, please visit this link.
In response to the Coronavirus outbreak, we are keen to reassure our employees, clients, project stakeholders and supply-chain partners, that we are taking the necessary precautions in relation to a healthy working environment across our sites and operations.
Mike Howlett – Managing Director
Duchess of Gloucester Visits our St Paul’s Cathedral School Site
We’ve been making good progress at St Paul’s Cathedral School, where we’re building a new Boarding House for…
Borras Awarded ‘Member of the Year’ at the annual BSG Awards
Borras is proud to be announced 'Member of the Year' at the 2019 Building Safety Group (BSG) Awards.…
Borras catch up with Trainee Site Manager in support for Women in Construction
In light of encouragement and support for Women in Construction (WIC), we recently caught up with our Trainee…
Borras receive ‘Rising Star’ (Apprentice/Trainee) at the 2018 Builders Conference Live Awards
2018 was a challenging year for the business however, we entered the new year with a good secured…