Health, Safety & Environment
Safety is our number one priority
You can be sure of our commitment to health and safety:
- Members of the Building Safety Group – the leading consultancy and training provider, providing health, safety and environmental advice to the UK construction industry. In 2015 we were very proud to be named the Building Safety Group Member of the Year.
- Our Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Manager Kane Blatchford has over 15 years’ experience of Business Management Systems in various organisations including regional, national and international construction organisations.
- In 2018, Kane became a qualified Mental Health First Aider, delivering courses teaching in depth skills for providing First Aid to people who may be experiencing mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and psychosis.
- Kane is also a practitioner involved with the developing and advising on construction logistics plans in accordance with CLOCS and FORS to reduce the environmental impact of our construction sites.
- As a member of the British Standards Health and Safety Specialist Team, Kane helped to develop our accreditation to OHSAS 18001. Over recent months, Kane has worked to enable Borras in obtaining the new ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Standard.
Borras previously won a Distinction in the British Safety Council’s International Safety Awards – one of only 43 companies to receive this honour.
At Borras we believe investing in construction doesn’t have to cost the earth. To this end we are an environmentally conscious and responsible company, committed to improving our work through measuring and reducing its environmental impact.
We implement an Environmental Policy across all aspects of the business, supported by our accreditation to the ISO14001 standard for Environmental Management.
In response to the Coronavirus outbreak, we are keen to reassure our employees, clients, project stakeholders and supply-chain partners, that we are taking the necessary precautions in relation to a healthy working environment across our sites and operations.
Mike Howlett – Managing Director
Duchess of Gloucester Visits our St Paul’s Cathedral School Site
We’ve been making good progress at St Paul’s Cathedral School, where we’re building a new Boarding House for…
Borras Awarded ‘Member of the Year’ at the annual BSG Awards
Borras is proud to be announced 'Member of the Year' at the 2019 Building Safety Group (BSG) Awards.…
Borras catch up with Trainee Site Manager in support for Women in Construction
In light of encouragement and support for Women in Construction (WIC), we recently caught up with our Trainee…
Borras receive ‘Rising Star’ (Apprentice/Trainee) at the 2018 Builders Conference Live Awards
2018 was a challenging year for the business however, we entered the new year with a good secured…