Health, Safety & Environment
Safety is our number one priority
You can be sure of our commitment to health and safety:
- Members of the Building Safety Group – the leading consultancy and training provider, providing health, safety and environmental advice to the UK construction industry. In 2015 we were very proud to be named the Building Safety Group Member of the Year.
- Our Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Manager Kane Blatchford has over 15 years’ experience of Business Management Systems in various organisations including regional, national and international construction organisations.
- In 2018, Kane became a qualified Mental Health First Aider, delivering courses teaching in depth skills for providing First Aid to people who may be experiencing mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and psychosis.
- Kane is also a practitioner involved with the developing and advising on construction logistics plans in accordance with CLOCS and FORS to reduce the environmentl impact of our construction sites.
- As a member of the British Standards Health and Safety Specialist Team, Kane helped develop the OHSAS18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Standard, which Borras are currently accredited to.
Borras previously won a Distinction in the British Safety Council’s International Safety Awards – one of only 43 companies to receive this honour.
At Borras we believe investing in construction doesn’t have to cost the earth. To this end we are an environmentally conscious and responsible company, committed to improving our work through measuring and reducing its environmental impact.
We implement an Environmental Policy across all aspects of the business, supported by our accreditation to the ISO14001 standard for Environmental Management.
I wanted to write a thank you to your team, particularly the two Site Managers for their professional approach to this project, their excellent customer care and perseverance on a very difficult site.
Steve Nicholls – Buckinghamshire County Council
Wendover Campus, Wendover
Borras start working on a new Boarding House for St Paul’s Cathedral School
Borras is proud to be appointed main contractor for another great project in the heart of London, this…
Borras catch up with Trainee Site Manager in support for Women in Construction
In light of encouragement and support for Women in Construction (WIC), we recently caught up with our Trainee…
Borras bring home 2 of the Hertfordshire Building Futures Awards 2018
The Hertfordshire ‘Building Futures Awards 2018' were recently held on October 4th and we’re proud to announce that…
Tour of new facilities at West Lea School
The Borras project team at West Lea School recently gave pupils and staff an informative tour of their…