St Andrew’s Church
CLIENT: St Andrew's Parochial Church Council
ARCHITECT: Good Architecture
QUANTITY SURVEYOR: Good Architecture
CONTRACT PERIOD: 22 Weeks
This project saw Borras Special Works division create the new St Andrew’s Centre at St Andrew’s Church, Hertford. The centre was created by extending, altering and refurbishing the old Parish Hall.
The new centre now provides a much larger, multi use space and art room, improved kitchen and toilet facilities as well as a range of meeting rooms, including a one-to-one counselling room.
Another purpose of this project was to substantially improve the thermal performance and carbon footprint of the building, triple glazing windows, a new heating system and new insulation helped achieve this.
Around 150 people attended the launch of the Centre as it was officially opened by former churchwarden Charles Ledsam, who was instrumental in the development of the project.
We are also proud to say the project received recognition from the Hertford Civic Society when it was awarded a Commendation at the 2016 Civic Society Awards. The awards are related primarily to the impact of the new development on the appearance and character of its surroundings. The emphasis is on good urban design, complementing the existing townscape.
Brackley Town Hall
Our General Works team recently completed the restoration of Grade II* listed, Brackley Town Hall. This prestigious scheme…
This 18 month-long scheme saw works take place across what is, at 190 acres, Watford's largest public open…
RAF Museum Hendon
This project, completed by our General Contracts Division and funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, formed part of…
Avenue House at Stephens House and Gardens is an imposing mid Victorian mansion with extensive gardens in Finchley,…
This project saw the interior of the existing library dramatically remodelled and modernised. The ground floor was transformed…
North Hertfordshire Museum
Originally constructed in 1901 Hitchin Town Hall is a grade II listed building in the heart of Hitchin…